Tag : Gucci
Louis Vuitton comes in at number one as the most valuable luxury brand in the according to a recent report from Millward Brown Optimor’s 2012 BrandZ. Worth a wopping $25.9 billion, a 7 percent increase from 2011, this is the seventh year in a row that LV has held on to it’s title.
“Luxury is seen as a good investment with people increasingly buying classic pieces rather than high fashion,” Millward Brown Optimor Managing Director Nick Cooper said in a statement. “Those who can afford it indulge, including young professionals who, increasingly unable to buy houses, are spending their disposable income on mid-tier luxury.”
Check out the top ten most valuable luxury brands below.
1. Louis Vuitton, $25.9 billion, up 7%
2. Hermes, $19.1 billion, up 61%
3. Rolex, $7.17 billion, up 36%
4. Chanel, $6.7 billion
5. Gucci, $6.4 billion (down 14%)
6. Prada, $5.7 billion (first time in top 10)
7. Cartier, $4.8 billion
8. Hennessy, $4.6 billion
9. Moet & Chandon, $4.2 billion
10. Burberry, $4.09 billion